Thursday, February 01, 2007

the velour blouson

For the longest time, I could not stand velour. It looked old, bad and just plain ugly. Maybe it was also a result of seeing people wearing it as an entire look from head to toe, aka the Juicy Couture. I think it was just too much for me to handle.


But, my opinion has slightly changed when I saw some valour blousons at American Apparel. I tried one in moss green and it looked just great with my black jeans. I like that odd shine valour has, and it also reminded me of the spring Prada collection as in those jeweled satins. Although, I am still not sure if I am going to purchase one soon, I liked the one in the look above.

Veronique Branquinho. Fall 2007. Look 26.

source: style.com

1 comment:

in defense of retail therapy said...

some of us at savvy really love this look, and have loved it since growing up in it in the 80's-but clearly not in the naff juicy couture way! high five, lots about veronique branquinho's collection stood out this year.